Live life, leave a legacy.
If someone asked you, “How do you want to be remembered?”, what would your answer be? Many people wish to be remembered as someone who made a real effort to take action on things that matter to them, and cared about the impact their life would have on others.
If you are a donor to the Halton Learning Foundation, you are someone who already cares about making a meaningful contribution. Have you ever thought about how to keep the good work you’ve already started with HLF going? How to amplify it so that you make a difference for the generations to come?
One way is by leaving a gift to HLF in your Will — after first taking care of family of course! If this is something you have ever considered, here are a few simple steps you can take to get started:
- Identify your goals. What kind of difference do you want to make? You can visit our Will Power page to see how a gift in your Will could be used, and calculate your future impact after family is taken care of.
- Talk to your family. A discussion around a shared legacy is a powerful way to bring loved ones together. It can become a bond-building exercise, a way to create lasting memories.
- Speak to an expert. A financial advisor can help you realize the full potential of your future gift and the tax benefits involved. You can find an advisor in your region using Will Power’s advisor finder.
These are a few additional resources I hope you find inspiring while shaping your legacy:
- [3 minutes to read]: Having the Conversation: A Proactive Approach Ensures You Get What You Want
- [5 minutes to read]: Guide to Talking to Your Advisor About a Charitable Gift in Your Will
If on your journey, the discussion around legacy gets you thinking about how to make a lasting contribution to HLF, please get in touch. We would love to talk to you about how a gift in your Will can become a powerful tool for change.
P.S. HLF is a proud partner in Will Power, a national campaign inspiring Canadians to use the power of their Wills to change the world.