The Halton Learning Foundation is dedicated to treating all donors with integrity, respect and appreciation. We are committed to protecting personal information by following strict information handling practices in keeping with legislative requirements.
Personal information gathered by the Halton Learning Foundation is kept in confidence. Donor information is retained on a secure, confidential database to ensure that only those personnel with a “need to know” can access personal information.
Privacy is the responsibility of the Foundation staff overseen by the Board of Directors.
The Halton Learning Foundation is committed to protecting the privacy of the information of its employees, members, donors, grant recipients and other stakeholders. We value the trust of those we deal with, and of the public, and recognize that maintaining this trust requires that we be transparent and accountable in how we treat the information that donors choose to share with us.
The Halton Learning Foundation:
- Collects and gathers personal information during the course of our various projects and activities. Anyone from whom we collect such information should expect that it will be carefully protected and that any use of or other dealing with this information is subject to consent.
- Keeps all personal information gathered by our organization confidential. Our team members are authorized to access personal information based only on their need to deal with the information for the reason(s) for which is was obtained. Safeguards are in place to ensure that the information is not disclosed or shared more widely than is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was gathered. We also take measures to ensure the integrity of this information is maintained and to prevent loss or destruction.
- Collects, uses and discloses personal information only for purposes that a reasonable person would consider appropriate in light of the circumstances. Personal information is collected for purposes such as:
- providing HLF services and running HLF events;
- responding to any concerns or inquiries about HLF’s activities;
- fundraising and promoting HLF events and services;
- communicating with the community, including communications with donors, funders, partners and individuals that participate in HLF events or use HLF services;
- accounting and other financial purposes such as issuing tax receipts.
- We routinely offer individuals we deal with the opportunity to opt out of occasional communications about campaigns, events and updates.
WEBSITE AND ONLINE GIVING:
Information collected from donations or registrations including credit card numbers and expiry dates is transmitted through a secure server and is used only for the purpose for which it was sent.
The Halton Learning Foundation will ensure:
- That password protocols and encryption software will be used to protect personal and other information we receive when a product or service is requested and/or paid online
- Privacy Policies and practices are updated on a regular basis
The Governance and Nominating Committee will regularly review our privacy practices for our various activities and update our policy.